Personal commentary on the New York Mets!

Monday, May 05, 2008

DODGERS 5, METS 1

It's always fun when the Mets play the Dodgers. Well... not always. There was the 1988 NLCS. Game 4. I was 11 years old and I was there with my dad in the top row of the upper deck. Had we won, we'd have taken a 3-1 series lead. But then Mike Scioscia hit the home run in the ninth inning to force it into extras and we'd eventually lose. Twenty years later I still remember that Scioscia home run. But then there was 2006 when the Mets swept the Dodgers in the NLDS - the clincher coming during my 29th birthday party! Anyway tonight's game? Eh. Not much to say. Funny seeing Joe Torre in a Dodger uniform though. Always liked Joe - hard to root against him when he was with the Yankees, hard to root against him now.

WP: Chad Billingsley (2-4)
LP: Oliver Perez (2-3)

2 Comments:

Blogger AddledWriter said...

I like the personal details in this entry.

Too bad about last night's game (luckily it was on too late for us to watch the disappointment! )

;)

7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correct me if I'm wrong but as I recall, the Mets dominated the Dodgers during the regular season series that year.

Not that there is anything unique about that. Witness the Indians and Yankees last year.

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home