Personal commentary on the New York Mets!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

PHILLIES 5, METS 2

Today was the final opening day at Shea Stadium and I was there! It would have been nice if they won though! Ah well, a good time was had anyway and I have a snazzy new schedule magnet on my refrigerator. I also took a bunch of pictures of Shea as well as Citi Field which is progressing very nicely.



I also went to the Diamond Club and had my picture taken with the 1986 championship trophy!


Anyway, the game. Today was the fifth time I sat in the Parks box and each of the other four times they won. Guess the streak is over. For the first half of the game, it looked like they would win after all. Oliver Perez was solid again and put in 5 and two-thirds scoreless innings. He has not given up a run all year. Carlos Delgado homered in the second and after 6 innings the Mets had a 2-0 lead. Then it was the bullpen's turn. Oy vey... the bullpen. Scott Schoeneweis and Aaron Heilman were today's culprits. Frustrating to watch leads slip away with the offense unable to regain them. We're now 2-4. Tomorrow is Mike Pelfrey's turn and Pelf better bring it. The guy has been given so many chances and if he completely screws up tomorrow, I don't think he should be given another one. No pressure though!
WP: Jamie Moyer (1-0)
LP: Scott Schoeneweis (0-1)
S: Tom Gordon (1)

1 Comments:

Blogger Howie said...

better luck on wednesday. hopefully, they will beat the reds when we go.

8:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home