Personal commentary on the New York Mets!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

BRAVES 11, METS 5

I did not see today's game. It is a good thing. Instead, I was playing The Amazing Race! You know that reality TV show where teams of two race around the world? Well today teams of six were racing around Manhattan. My team came in 4th out of 12. Not bad but on par with my course. In my fantasy baseball league, I'm also in 4th out of 12 teams! Anyway... the game. From what I read, not a good one. Maine didn't pitch well and Jorge Sosa pitched even worse. Hopefully Johan will pick up the pieces tomorrow but what is this business about Bobby Cox scratching Tom Glavine? He's having Smoltz start instead and used the excuse, "well, we're next going to Colorado and since Smoltz is coming off the DL he shouldn't pitch in cold weather." Um, sure. Sounds like Glavine is DUCKING the Mets cause he's afraid of us whupping his butt. We'll see - we've got a few more series against the Braves this year and Glavine can't duck us forever.

WP: Tim Hudson (1-0)
LP: John Maine (0-1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home